Purple Pages

2015

Trying to get back into it

So recently I've been on a mission to get back into the swing of life.
Suffering from depression like I do has never made life easy, so when I was hit with a violent traumatic attack on my birthday I waa left reeling in shock for months and I am still trying to recover.

My Poetry Blog describes my emotions better: www.goldyntears.wordpress.com

Either way my life kept on moving and I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging and doing what I love regularly, so I decided to treat myself (giggles) and get a new sewing machine.

So here's a picture of me wearing a skirt I made to help me get back into sewing.

Top - Primark
 Shoes - Lipzi
Choker - www.texturesintime.com

I hope you like it ☺







Eerie

Decided to try some new things with my Lightroom
And I bought the cutest culottes from East Ldn so I thought I'd show em off
These past couple of months have been really tough
Went through a traumatic event and had to deal with College at the same time
Felt like my whole life had been put on hold
My photos are kind of eerie, just like my feelings I guess.

Top - Boohoo
Culottes - Random vintage store, shoreditch
Flatforms - Schuh













Winter 2014

Okay, so it's been a while, that doesn't mean I'm dead though ^_^

Au contraire.
I've started a new fashion course (which I love! But somehow the love is not reciprocated. work work work!!!) and I'm currently trying to put together my own natural cosmetics line


Been trying to keep my feet firmly planted in the sky (word to SZA) lately, so over my Summer vacation I took pictures of The Sky on flights to Spain and Morocco.

The sky helps me to remember just how small my problems are in comparison to that of the world's, and somehow convinces me everything will be okay because there is nothing the world has not seen.

The clouds remind me of beds that have experienced it all...





















Hey everyone!
I got some people telling me that they wanna know more about my style and what I wear.
At first I was kinda scared (lol) but I decided to man up and put myself out there.
So this page is dedicated to my personal style and even a bit of my life.
Enjoy :)


Summer 2013

Trip to Paris
So this year, like many other years previously in my life, members of my family and I decided to go to Paris.
It was a nice get-away from London, though I still think nothing gets cooler than being a Londoner, but as always I couldn't keep myself away from strangers who have unique sense of style.
A few personal photos too of my holiday :)



































5-06-13

The Boats










Earrings - Topshop
Cardigan - Charity Shop
Skater Dress - H&M
Fishnet tights - Primark
Boots - Office

4-06-13




Sunglasses and Earrings - Primark
Shirt - Deptford Market
Waistcoat - Deptford Market
Skirt - H&M
Flatforms - River Island
Smile? - My Mother's ^_^



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

10/04/2013 - Working closely with my friend Mark on the sample sizes being made for my fashion line LolaRose. If you know any cloth/material wholesalers please email mariaakanbi@hotmail.co.uk. Busy weekend ahead but fashion never sleeps.

Blogroll

-

About

Name: Gold Maria Akanbi Age: 20 Location: London/Bradford/Anywhere else I reach Contact: mariaakanbi@hotmail.co.uk